Arrival in Madagascar: training center to host families and back to training center. Looking forward to the May move-in to my home for the next two years! I've been collecting seeds from interesting plants to start my garden.
So, on May 8th we get to my site; it's beautiful. We get out to look at the house, to see if it's up to PC standards, and there seem to be a few details lacking. No fence. No shower. No bathroom. No one to ask about it. Hmmmm.
The village president finds us, and explains that the owner of the house decided he did not want to rent it out after all. Not to worry, they still have another house for me. We follow him to the mayor's office, thinking we are going to talk details.
Wrong again. The mayor's office IS the other housing option. There are two rooms in it, so they are going to move the mayor's desk into the other office and I can just live in the office. Still no yard, no shower, no privacy. I'm beginning to think this isn't going quite the way it's supposed to.
Many phone calls later, we drive out again, back to town to stay at the hotel and figure out Plan B. One week later, having looked at three potential options, I'm back in Tana, waiting to see what will work out. I am hopeful about one of the options (it's beautiful and right near the rainforest!), but only time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment