A: I don't know. My assignment is in Agroforestry, but they wait to assign us a specific project until we are in country.
Q: Do you know anyone you're going with?
A: No, but I will soon enough. There are 48 of us in my staging group. We'll meet in Philly and then fly to Mada together.
Q: Do you know anyone you're going with?
A: No, but I will soon enough. There are 48 of us in my staging group. We'll meet in Philly and then fly to Mada together.
Q: How long will you be gone?
A: 26 months. 9 weeks of training and then 24 months at site.
Q: What will communication be like?
A: I think, not really knowing anything, that I will most likely not be too close to regular internet, so I'll update and email as I can, but I don't expect that to be too often. Snail mail is slow, but hopefully somewhat reliable. Cell phones are common, so I think if I have an arranged time to get to an area with service, I'll be able to receive international calls. I believe I will have the opportunity to get a cell phone soon after arriving, so hopefully I'll be able to talk to some of you on occasion.
My address during PST (my understanding is that this address will always work because the PC will forward mail to me once I have a new address, but sending letters directly to my new address will be faster)
Elsie Black
Bureau du Corps de la Paix
B.P. 12091
Poste Zoome Ankorondarno
Antananarivo 101
Madagascar
No comments:
Post a Comment